Pages

Monday, November 2, 2015

Where The Heart Is Challenge #3: Winter Blues

Happy Monday!
Well, it's time for the new challenge for Where the Heart Is Challenge Blog.
Our theme for November will be Winter Blues. 
I love winter, although where I live do not have the season of winter, but i just love this season because it reminds me of Christmas! Yay!



This is my project for this month Challenge, a winter blues mixed media canvas with Lacy Sunshine - Melanie Boo's- The Christmas Star.

 

I colored my image with color pencil, then i cut out my image with the Spellbinders Nestabilities Floral Ovals dies and i distress the border with the Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass. 
To begin my canvas background, the first step i do is put on the color papers and lace with the Golden Gel Medium on the canvas.
Next, I cover the canvas with Gesso before applying any color on top.
Then, i apply my first thin layer of the Distress Ink - Broken China through out the canvas. After it's dry, i tab on the Broken China with Distress Paint around the canvas border. I prefer to tab the color randomly as i wanted the color appear as not smooth so that it creates the layers on the canvas.

After the color is dry, I apply some Golden Glass Beads Gel Medium at the border. 
It help to create the snowy look after it dry. 
Last, i decorate the canvas with the snowflake die cuts and some rhinestone and sequins. 


Here is the closer look for my canvas, hope you like my project today.

For today challenge, would like to thank you sponsor(s) below:

Sponsor:




Thanks for stopping by, have a great day.

Challenge:

16 comments:

  1. Rebecca, your project is beautiful! I love the monochromatic colour scheme and all the little snowflakes and sequins you added. You did a brilliant job preparing and colouring the canvas to get lots of depth and texture. Beautiful!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this gorgeous creation! The texture and shine are FABULOUS--and I adore the beautiful blues you used! Thank you for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creation, love the blues x thanks for sharing at Glitter n Sparkle Chris DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card, Thank you for joining us at the Digitally Sweet Challenge theme this month "All About The Title"

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is truly stunning. Beautiful Blue Shades. Thanks for sharing with us this fortnight. Lisa DT CCC Digi Creations

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so beautiful Rebecca. Great colour scheme and lovely design.

    Hugs Erin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so beautiful Rebecca. Great colour scheme and lovely design.

    Hugs Erin xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute for words !! The mono colour scheme really works well. Thanks for entering the CCCDigi competition this week. Anne W ( DT )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining us at Digitally Sweet for our "September - "All in the Title" Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for joining the challenge at Digitally Sweet. I hope to see you again next time.
    Lovely work but I can't see a title on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this image all in blue! Fantastic job! Thanks for sharing with us at Lacy Sunshine challenges. http://lacysunshine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. http://lacysunshine.blogspot.com/ fantastic coloring she looks so sweet in blue . Good luck
    Caroline senior ct



    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card.Thanks for joining our challenge at CCC Digi Creations. Good luck!
    Kitty DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous project! I truly love the image and all of the blue! Thank you for joining our November Challenge at Great Impressions.
    Ruza ~ GI Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Rebecca,
    Very sweet card. I love the frosty look of it; you did a marvellous job on the background! Thanks for joining LLC for our Christmas Tic Tac Toe; hope you can play with us this month again.

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete